Advanced Practice Nursing Programs
VNS addresses your patient’s specific needs through these programs:
- Falls Prevention through Focus on Falls
- Infusion Therapy
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Nutrition Evaluation and Counseling
- Pain Management
- Palliative Care Pediatric and Maternal Care
- Psychiatric/Mental Health
- Social Work
- Wound/Ostomy/Continence Care
All services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Fall Prevention and Home Safety
A Multidisciplinary Approach: Falls are predictable and preventable.
Our Focus on Falls Program incorporates evidence-based best practice to develop each individual plan to reduce the risk of falls. Upon a physician’s referral, we administer a Fall Risk Assessment to determine personal needs and create an individualized care plan.
The Focus on Falls program goals include:
Reducing the risk of falls and injuries by identifying home fall hazard areas Improving one’s quality of life by enabling them to stay at home. Regaining safe mobility quickly through exercises, PT or OT therapies and education.
To learn more about Focus on Falls from Visiting Nurse Service, call 585.787.2233.
We updated our Telehealth Services Program to provide the best care for your patients through the use of the most current technology. We are helping improve patient outcomes.
Our Telehealth program helps clinicians monitor objective patient data on a daily basis and adjust medications or care plans for those with heart failure, hypertension, diabetes, and other complex cases.
Benefits to your patient:
- The program is free of chage
- These small, easy-to-use devices are set up in the home and are designed to patients' specific medical conditions
- Plugs into an electrical outlet
- Takes just a few minutes each day to take measurements; data is quickly and quietly transmitted to the VNS Telehealth Nurse. A home Internet connection is not necessary.
Benefits to physicians:
- Early detection of complications means earlier intervention
- Decreased hospitalizations and Emergency Room visits
- Improved patient quality of life
- Promotion of disease and self-management
- Increased patient and caregiver satisfaction
- Nurses will contact you when readings are outside the parameters set
- You can receive the biometric data as often as you would like
The unit is easy and convenient to use; the program is personalized and confidential. To learn more about the Telehealth Services Program from Visiting Nurse Service, call 585.787.2233.