A Caring Spirit
Losing a loved one isn’t easy to prepare for or accept. We’re available to provide you or your family
with as much or as little assistance before or after a loved one has died, at no cost. Our Bereavement
Program is an extension of our hospice care and helps address feelings of loss, grief or sorrow through:
- Individual or group support
- Community referrals to trained bereavement professionals as needed
- Special programs and services, such as education or training
- Quarterly letters
- The Evening of Remembrance held annually to honor loved ones
Trained bereavement volunteers that offer massage, Reiki, energy work, spiritual
care and who provide regular supportive phone calls
- New Six Week Group for Parents at Visiting Nurse Service (2180 Empire Blvd., Webster, NY 14580) Held Thursdays through November and December starting November 7, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. with the exception of Thanksgiving Day. Facilitated by Michele Allman, LMSW, VNS Bereavement Coordinator. This group is specifically for parents who have experienced the death of a child at any age. Support and education regarding grief, loss and coping with the holidays will be discussed. Please call for information and registration.
- Visiting Nurse Service (2180 Empire Blvd., Webster, NY 14580) Held Tuesdays at 11:00 a.m. Facilitated by Michele Allman, LMSW, VNS Bereavement Coordinator. This group provides support to anyone who has experienced a death of a loved one.
- Memorial AMC Zion Church (549 Clarrissa St, Rochester, NY 14608) Held 1st Thursday of each month at 6:00p.m. Facilitated by Carolyn Lester. This group is specifically for adults who have experienced a loss including a death of a family member. It is open to the community as well as the congregation of this church.
- Newman House (96 Adams St., Brockport, NY 14420) Held on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month at 11:00 a.m. Facilitated by Michele Allman, LMSW, VNS Bereavement Coordinator. This group provides support to anyone who has experienced a death of a loved one. **In the event that Brockport School District closes due to bad weather, this group will also be cancelled.**
- Elmgrove United Methodist Church (1500 Spencerport Rd., Rochester, NY 14606) Held each Thursday at 6:30 p.m. Facilitated by Nina Hurd. This group provides support to anyone who has experienced the death of a loved one.
Please call Michele Allman, LMSW, at 585.787.2233, ext. 8241, for any questions or to make reserverations. One to one supportive counseling is also available.