Your Donation Benefits
The care and comfort our hospice program provides to a thousand patients and
their families each year is due in great part to donations. Visiting Nurse Hospice is proud of the
fact that we go above and beyond what is covered by insurance. This would not be possible without
the memorial donations and generous gifts from the community.
• Bereavement Program: Gifts support a program of individual and group counseling to surviving members of hospice families.
• Family Support: We support families in any way that we can, including the provision of supplemental home health aide hours to patients who cannot afford the care they need. Donations to Hospice allow a family member to have respite, continue to work, and keep a loved one at home. Donations also enable patients who live alone to stay at home instead of going into a nursing home or hospital.
• Patient Last Wishes: Donations to Hospice allow us the opportunity to offer patients simple, life wishes. Special wishes could include, but are not limited to: massages, dinner at a favorite restaurant, day at the golf course, special CD/music, the gift of travel fares and arrangements for out of town children or parents to visit during their last days.
• Patient/Family Education: Training on topics such as advanced medical directives, infection control, medication safety, nutrition, physical signs and symptoms.
• Staff Development: Includes continuing education and specialty certification for paid staff, as well as training and in-service education for volunteers.