Giving the Gift of
Home Delivered Meals
Comfort begins by staying in familiar surroundings and being cared for by caregivers
who have become like family. At Meals On Wheels, our participants always come first.
We strive to improve health and independence to all – regardless of their ability to pay.
Often in our program, participants do not have the ability to pay for service. Contributions and donations
in memory of loved ones assist us in providing a hot, nutritious meal to everyone, especially those who cannot pay.
By volunteering just an hour or two of your time, you can make a difference in the lives of those who need you in the community. Here’s how:
- Meals On Wheels Driver/Server – Volunteer to deliver hot, nutritious meals to the homebound, elderly or ill. Two volunteers are scheduled to deliver each route. One volunteer drives using their own car, and the other takes the meals to the recipients' doors.
- Adopt-A-Route – Meals On Wheels has an Adopt-A-Route program, which is especially ideal for a group who would like to share a weekly lunchtime commitment by adopting a route. Many local businesses, community agencies, and church groups are involved. With a team of 10 or more members, each individual is scheduled to deliver about once a month, or less frequently, depending on the size of the group.
- Seasonal Substitute – You can volunteer to fill in for regular volunteers who are away during winter, summer or for an extended period of time.
- Route Captain -- Captain schedule drivers and servers for assigned routes and keep a monthly calendar. At the end of the month, captains report volunteer times to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Clerical Assistants – Volunteers work within VNS to assist departments with a variety of clerical duties, such as mailings, data entry, customer service or special projects.
Complete the VNS Volunteer Application form on-line here