The Right Care at
The Right Place – Your Home
While much has changed in homecare since Visiting Nurse Service began in 1919, one thing remains the same – the high standards and exceptional level of care our staff provide.
Whether you are aging and need assistance staying independent, or are younger and recovering from
an illness or surgery, we offer all types of homecare to allow you to stay in the comfort of your own home.
From our Premier and Telehealth programs to Meals On Wheels and Hospice care, we’ll help you feel right at home.
Arranging Your Homecare: Getting Started is Easy
- If you are scheduling elective surgery, ask you doctor before you are admitted to request homecare for you from Visiting Nurse Service.
- If you are admitted to the hospital unexpectedly, ask one of the Visiting Nurse Service Intake Specialists to review your needs before being discharged. All of our specialists are registered nurses experienced in planning for homecare needs.
- Call us directly at 585.787.2233.
What Happens Next: Coordinating Your Care Plan
- A Visiting Nurse Service case manager – a nurse, physical therapist or speech therapist – will be assigned to coordinate your care at home.
- Working closely with your physician, your case manager will oversee a complete and individualized homecare plan for you.
Specialized, Advanced Care
If you have a specialized need, Visiting Nurse Service has advanced nursing care.
Cardiopulmonary (Heart and Lung) Care Our team assesses chest pain, heart and lung sounds, respiratory difficulties, and wounds. You’ll benefit from educational programs and possibly daily interaction with a Visiting Nurse Service nurse through our Telehealth Program.
Cancer Care benefits those with uncontrolled symptoms like pain or nausea through personalized home care plans based on the stage and severity of your illness. Together with your physician and family, we work to meet your medical, psychosocial and spiritual needs.
Meals On Wheels provides hot meals and a daily check in for the homebound. It serves approximately 250,000 meals annually to area residents thanks to more than 2,000 dedicated volunteers who help make this program a success.
Hospice and Palliative Care provides care and support to terminally ill patients and their families, including an assessment of health problems and a full array of symptom management. Social services, counseling, and routine household assistance are available.
Other programs provided by Visiting Nurse Service include:
- Diabetes Management and Education
- PRI Screening for Nursing Home Placement
- Psychiatric and Mental Health Care
- Homecare Coordination and Planning
- Infusion Therapy/Services
- Wound/Ostomy Care
- Medical and Surgical Nursing
- Palliative Care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies
- Medical Social Work
- Pain Management
- Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Medical Nutrition Counseling
- Community Health Nursing
- Home Health Aide Services
- Care Transitions Coaching
- Health Home Care Management
Additional Care Through Visiting Nurse Signature Care
At Visiting Nurse Signature Care, we help you make critical decisions and find solutions to aging challenges through:
- Individual healthcare assessments
- Housing and service arrangements
- Decisions surrounding memory changes
- Safety and financial advocacy
- Navigation through the healthcare maze
An affiliate of Visiting Nurse Service, Visiting Nurse Signature Care can provide additional visits, care or services for those who want more than Medicare or Medicaid will cover, and who are able to pay for home care with their own funds or through long-term care insurance.