Meals And More
Hot meals, warm smiles, independence and peace of mind. Each day
we deliver a hot, nutritious meal and provide a daily check-in to the homebound,
elderly, or ill through a dedicated volunteer force.
Made possible by generous donors, funders, and community support, this evolving program
has nourished the health, independence and spirit of those in need since 1958. Now celebrating
more than 50 years of service, Meals On Wheels continues to extend its reach with innovative efforts,
community collaborations and gratifying results.
Together our team of staff and volunteers will:
- Deliver the number of meals you request each day to your home
- Help improve your health by making sure you are receiving good, nutritious meals
- Check in on you each day, giving peace of mind to family members who can't always be there
- Bring meals that meet your special medical needs
Am I Eligible for Subsidized Meals?
For those who cannot afford meals, a subsidized option exists. Request for service can be made by anyone – family, friends, physicians, healthcare agencies or you. There are no income levels or asset tests used to determine eligibility. To be eligible one must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be homebound (incapacitated) due to accident, illness or frailty
- Live alone or with someone who is unable to prepare meals and/or is absent during the day
- Receive meals no less than three days per week
Pet Food Program Available to Meal Recipients
The Season of Suppers campaign calls attention to the importance of pets to the well-being of homebound seniors. Helping keep these companion pets – dear friends of our clients – well fed, healthy and part of the family for as long as possible became the motivating factor behind the partnership among Banfield - The Pet Hospital, and the Banfield Charitable Trust (BCT) and Meals On Wheels Association of America (MOWAA).
Visiting Nurse Meals On Wheels began a pet food program in 2008 through partial funding from a $1,000 grant from the Season of Suppers campaign. With the assistance of the community we strongly believe this support will help us enhance the lives of seniors.