Hot meals, warm smiles, independence and peace of mind. Each day we deliver a hot, nutritious meal and provide a daily check-in to the home bound, elderly, or ill through a dedicated volunteer force.
Made possible by generous donors, fundraising, and community support, this evolving program has nourished the health, independence and spirit of those in need since 1958. Now celebrating more than 50 years of service, Meals On Wheels continues to extend its reach with innovative efforts, community collaborations and gratifying results.
Mayor Warren helps deliver meals for ‘Meals On Wheels’
Meals On Wheels Is For You
Together our team of staff and volunteers will:
- Deliver the number of meals you request each day to your home
- Help improve your health by making sure you are receiving good, nutritious meals
- Check in on you each day, giving peace of mind to family members who can’t always be there
- Bring meals that meet your special medical needs
You may pay by cash, check or money order, VISA or MasterCard. At the beginning of each month, bills are mailed to you for services you received the prior month. Although private insurance and Medicare do not cover the cost of meals, some meals can be subsidized. For more information call 585-787-8397 or e-mail email@example.com
Am I Eligible For Subsidized Meals?
For those who cannot afford meals, a subsidized option exists. Request for service can be made by anyone – family, friends, physicians, healthcare agencies or you. There are no income levels or asset tests used to determine eligibility. To be eligible one must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be home bound (incapacitated) due to accident, illness or frailty
- Live alone or with someone who is unable to prepare meals and/or is absent during the day
- Receive meals no less than three days per week